Sunday, March 11, 2012

Yo soy americana, sue me: Sexual and scented dolls for children

Here's a new one to add to the "Yo soy americana, sue me" list:


Yes, you read that correctly in whatever language you read it.  Muñeco sexuado.  Doll wiht sexual organs.  (And yes, they really do have sex organs.  I checked the validity of label.)

I highly doubt that this doll is actually Spanish; however, I couldn't imagine it being sold in US stores.  If it was, I'm not sure that the sex organs would provoke a lawsuit but rather a complaint which would end in a recall.

The fact that they are scented according to skin color, on the other hand, would.  What I didn't capture in the picture was the label advertising that the white dolls are vanilla-scented, and the black dolls are chocolate-scented.

I thought it was a bit shocking.  Sue me.

1 comment:

Ansley said...

I have seen those "muñecas con olor a chocolate" and was admittedly shocked, too. Another possibility for this column -- all of those grubby cartoon characters like "Minnie Mouse" and "Sponge Bob" with frayed costumes selling balloons at fiestas. I'm sure they're licensed, ha ha!