Monday, July 30, 2012

Adios and Farewells

My time in Spain is over, unfortunately, but my blog is not.

Earlier this month there was a sudden change of plans for my last couple of weeks in Murcia.  With only about 11 days left in Spain, I lost a dear person in my life, my grandfather.  Although he had insisted for two years that I didn't fly back if anything were to happen to him, I couldn't miss saying goodbye to such a great man.

So in early July I quickly packed my maletas, cleared out my piso, said farewell to my amigos, and kissed my prometido in the Madrid airport all within three days.  It was a difficult leaving so suddenly, but I it was all worth it to pay my respects to one of the most important people in my life.



In the next couple of weeks I'm going to finish up this blog as I had planned to do, just a little later and on the different side of the Atlantic that I had anticipated.  

No comments: